Situation before the contract and client requirements
The City of Pirot announced a public tender in order to lower heating costs in four schools and improve efficiency.
All four schools had obsolete and unreliable crude oil boilers, a solution that wasn’t environmentally friendly.
In order to improve efficiency and lower environmental impact, Resalta installed two biomass boilers in each school:
- Dairy high school: 360 kW + 120 kW
- Elementary school “8. septembar”: 450 kW – 120 kW
- Elementary school “Duško Radović”: 550 kW + 120 kW
- Elementary School “Sveti Sava”: 240 kW + 120 kW.
- Biomass is an efficient, locally sourced and environmentally friendly fuel.
The contract duration is 7 years.